Job Title: Comprehensive Housing Counselor
Agency: Northeast Denver Housing Center
The position will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive housing counseling (CHC) services to Northeast Denver Housing Center’s (NDHC) clients. The position requires a highly dependable, detail-oriented and professional person who is comfortable engaging people at large community events and working one-on-one with clients. The position will report to the Director of CHC working in collaboration with a matrix of professional staff at NDHC. The key responsibility will focus on conducting one on one and group housing counseling and education, running workshops and preparing periodic reports. Counseling areas will be but not limited to, home purchase, foreclosure prevention, reverse equity loans, individual development account/credit and debt management and financial literacy, rental assistance & utility assistance . Interviews applicants and recipients for housing assistance, elicits personal, financial, and social information and provides assistance in matters such as completion of forms and obtaining required verifications to determine eligibility and benefit level for housing assistance initially and annually. Contacts individuals, public and private agencies, businesses, and other sources to verify eligibility data, to clarify documentation discrepancies, or gaps in information
- Work respectfully with families with differing educational levels, socio-economic levels, and cultural backgrounds. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability sought.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work, often requiring math skills & financial analysis. Demonstrable experience in managing job responsibilities in a professional setting along with case management.
- Computer based data management and communication with staff and clients.
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate, financial, and tenant land lord legal framework.
- The candidate must be able to take courses and get nationally accredited certification within 6 month of employment.
- Ability to speak and communicate in Spanish.
- Must be able to travel locally and nationally for training and workshops and work flexible hours.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn and keep informed about new housing related programs and guidelines locally and nationally.
- Must be a team player working with NDHC staff and collaborating agencies and partners.
- Ability to prepare accurate and timely reports.
- College degree in business administration or similar field.
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience in direct or related professional field
NDHC is an equal opportunity employer.
Position closes : May 24th. 3PM Standard M T To be filled by June 10th or earlier.
Please send resume to :